Book Title: Building Foundations of Scientific Understanding: A Science Curriculum for K-2
Publisher: Outskirts Press
Author: Bernard J. Nebel
This is The most comprehensive science curriculum for beginning learners that you will find anywhere
- Elementary Science Education: Building Foundations of Scientific Understanding, Vol. II, grades 3-5, 2nd ed.
- The Story of the World: History for the Classical Child: Volume 1: Ancient Times: From the Earliest Nomads to the Last Roman Emperor, Revised Edition
- The Story of the World, Activity Book 1: Ancient Times - From the Earliest Nomad to the Last Roman Emperor
- History Pockets: Ancient Civilizations, Grades 1-3
- The Nature Connection: An Outdoor Workbook for Kids, Families, and Classrooms
- Middle School Science Education: Building Foundations of Scientific Understanding, Vol. III, Grades 6-8
- The Complete Writer: Level 1 Workbook for Writing with Ease (The Complete Writer)
- First Language Lessons for the Well-Trained Mind: Level 1 (Second Edition) (First Language Lessons)
- Handbook of Nature Study
- Handwriting Without Tears My Printing Book - Grade 1
* Here are 41 lesson plans that cover all major areas of science.
* Lessons are laid out as stepping stones that build knowledge and understanding logically and systematically.
* Child-centered, hands-on activities at the core of all lessons bring children to observe, think, and reason.
* Interest is maintained and learning is solidified by constantly connecting lessons with children's real-world experience
* Skills of inquiry become habits of mind as they are used throughout.
* Lessons integrate reading, writing, geography, and other subjects.
* Standards, including developing a broader, supportive community of science learners come about as natural by-products of learning science in an organized way.
Particular background or experience is not required. Instructions include guiding students to question, observe, think, interpret, and draw rational conclusions in addition to performing the activity. Teachers can learn along with their students and be exceptional role models in doing so. Need for special materials is minimized. Personal, on line, support is available free of charge (see front matter).