Book Title: Creating Standards-Based Integrated Curriculum: The Common Core State Standards Edition
Release Date: 2012-05-08
Author: Susan M. Drake
Translate the new standards into meaningful curriculum!
This updated edition of Susan Drake’s classic text serves as a road map through the Common Core State Standards, giving you the flexibility to design an integrated curriculum that’s right for your students. Focusing on multidisciplinary, interdisciplinary, and transdisciplinary approaches, Drake provides guidance on:
- Unpacking the Common Core State Standards
- Planning assessment tasks
- Designing instructional strategies
- Developing daily activities
- Helping students connect essential questions to enduring understandings
Included are new examples of exemplary programs, discussion questions, a sample completed interdisciplinary curriculum, and activities for building your own standards-based integrated curriculum.